Tuesday 2 August 2011

Promising results - finally?

I haven't written since Thursday, so I'll try to summarise the last few days.

On Friday I had quite a lot to do, but managed to efficiently organise my work. The observations of last immunocytochemistry of Becky's time lapse experiment brought promising results, so we decided to repeat the staining and stain nuclei with Hoechst dye after the weekend. I also stimulated my fibroblasts and fixed them for staining on Monday. I changed media of my other experimental cells and passaged the flask with my fibroblasts. At the end I cut the piece of DNA out of the agarose gel, so that I could extract it later and create mutants.

On Monday I completed the Becky's immunostaing, treated my stimulated fibroblasts with primary antibodies and set up live imaging (again). I also changed media, passaged cells and did quite a few "housekeeping" tasks, especially to do with shuttling between the lab and autoclave room. I like it, though. It makes me feel responsible for the laboratory I'm working in.

Today seems to finally have brought some nice images. My overnight live time course imaging looks interesting, but it will need a thorough analysis before drawing any firm conclusions. However, I also spent almost an hour looking at Becky's stained slides and they look REALLY interesting! I'm looking at the images now and putting them in order and there is a suggestion of a nice pattern.

I already finished staining my stimulated fibroblasts and put them on slides. I'll probably observe them tomorrow. If there's anything else for me to do today, it'll probably be extracting DNA from the gel. But I'm not sure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment