Thursday 28 July 2011

After confocal microscopy

The results that we got after the confocal imaging aren't great, but now I have something nice for presentation and drawing some conclusions. And I know that the most important part of my short summer placement is not getting tons of groundbreaking results, but gaining useful experience. I already feel much more experienced.

Today is rather a lighter day in comparison to previous 3 days. I have 3 experiments in the cell incubator, so there's no rush for new transfections. I'm going to image Becky's cells that I've stained and I'm also going to run my enzyme-digested DNA on an agarose gel for isolation of specific DNA to create the mutant we're interested in expressing in the fibroblasts. Because yesterday the test gel showed that the digestion worked!

1 comment:

  1. Definitely your post provides a great and useful resource every reader must adhere. This is truly a must read and admire. Thanks a lot for sharing!

    microscope objectives

    ReplyDelete