Friday 8 July 2011

End of first week

On the last day of the first week I got whole protocols to do on my own. I carried out fibroblast transfections for the beginning of my second experiment, from the beginning until the end (Sangeeta's role was only to give me the plasmid DNA and show where necessary chemicals were, but for the next time I wouldn't even need that much!). Wanting to overcome a few problems, I showed some initiative, which might result in some future problems with the experiment, but hopefully it will work fine. I was also in charge of three last pictures of live fluorescent microscopy and passaging cells at the end of the day. I only learned these techniques yesterday while Sangeeta was doing them! She clearly trusts me. Now I feel much more confident in the lab. I come in the morning, I get the plan and I do it. I'm happy with myself.

An extra bonus for today - I got my first payment, coming from the Biochemical Society. I look forward to the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment