Tuesday 26 July 2011

MiniPrep, Transfections and immunocytochemistry

Now we have a lot of healthy fibroblasts to work with, so I actually do transfections every other day. I transfected some today with fresh DNA that we extracted today in the morning from bacteria.

Unfortunately the cells that I imaged overnight died and I would still need to do it again to get any meaningful results.

I also started another immunocytochemistry of Becky's time course experiment with another antibody.

Tomorrow I will finish the immunostaining, transfect some coverslips with fibroblasts, probably passage another flask of fibroblasts with preparation for another transfection, maybe do some digestions with enzymes and, most importantly, we're going with Sangeeta to analyse my first experiments (still on neurons!) under confocal microscope. I hope to get some results finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment