Monday 25 July 2011

Working Saturday and next busy week

Since I last wrote on Thursday a few things happened. Our bacteria grew nicely so we'll be able to isolate plasmid DNA tomorrow or today. Unfortunately all the new neurons died, so I won't work on them anymore. However, I started a new experiment on fibroblasts, for which I came to the lab on Saturday to transfect them. I had to come twice and in the morning Zosia came with me and in the afternoon I brought my fiancee Karolina (for safety reasons, people can't come on their own outside working hours, just like I accompanied Becky in my first days - I knew I'd be in that position at some point!).

I just discussed the plan for the week with Sangeeta and it seems to be quite a lot to do. We have a session on confocal microscope booked on Wednesday and I'm looking forward to it. I also just looked at some of Becky's time lapse (the one that involved coming at night) that I stained before the weekend and the staining is nice but we would still like to know more.

I'm now going to observe live cells that I transfected on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment