Monday 18 July 2011

The promising beginning of the third week

Today wasn't as busy as I expected. It is because of an accidental drop in CO2 concentration in the incubator during the weekend, so the cells that were meant to be transfected didn't survive. Also, the antibodies for immunocytochemistry haven't arrived yet.

However, I set up live  imaging of my experiment that started 10 days ago and after 4 hours there are some promising observations! I left it on an automatic mode overnight and hopefully tomorrow I will have the first promising set of results!

Also Zosia came today. She will work together with me on the fibroblasts and neurons for a few days and then she is going to experiment on flies. But it's still nice to have company in the lab. She's staying until after I leave, so I'll have company until the end of my placement.

No comments:

Post a Comment