Thursday 21 July 2011

Waiting for new cells

My time lapse experiment started on Monday gave some promising results. However, due to microscope failure I wasn't able to carry on for more than 16 hours and the cells suffered from photobleaching. But now I have a movie on my computer which looks nice and I have my first own documentation of my work. Also, the light bulb of the microscope got changed yesterday, so it should work fine from now on. I'm starting another time lapse observation in a few minutes.

Because of the weekend pH shock on the cells in the incubator, for the past few days we needed new cells. We got some fibroblasts yesterday but today we're getting neurons. Meanwhile I did a few immunocytochemistries (including testing a new antibody), coated new coverslips with polylysine to get them ready for new cells and I also did DNA digestion with restriction enzymes with an aim to create a double mutant protein with Flag epitope tag. I ran test digestion on electrophoresis gel and I have another nice picture for my lab notebook. However, the products are not perfect and some more test digests might be necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment