Thursday 14 July 2011

Waiting for results

Yesterday I looked at my new slides after transfections and immunocytochemistry under the microscope. Transfections don't work perfectly and aren't very reliable. Antibodies provide much better signal. Consequently, I can't draw too many conclusions from my experiments yet. However, through trying different approaches we should be able to optimise the experimental conditions for the most important experiments. Step by step, I'm getting closer to the experiment that should answer the main question of my project.

While working on my experiments, I do various things in which I get more and more confidence and independence. I improved in handling coverslips and passaging the cells. I can also moreless assess under light microscope if the cells need passaging. I can also switch on the fluorescent microscope without Sangeeta's help. It's not an easy task!

Today I might have to do a few things on my own, because Sangeeta will have to attend meetings. I'm quite curious what it'd be like.

No comments:

Post a Comment