Friday 15 July 2011

Towards the end of the second week

Unfortunately my observations of live cells didn't give much results. Throughout 5 hours hardly anything changed, so the fluorescent dots under investigation might not have even been live cells. Sad, but life and science go on, I have another set of cells to observe.

Yesterday we also looked at the first analysis of Becky's experiment, in which I accompanied her at nights. The first staining didn't show as much as we expected - the signal didn't shuttle as we hoped, but at least we found a way of stimulation. There is still more cells for investigation.

Today I'm carrying on with the last of my experiments started on Monday. I'm also passaging cells and getting them ready for new transfections next week. Next week new neurons will be available, so I'll come back to working with them rather than fibroblasts.

I also realised that posting before I start work helps me think about what I'm meant to do on the day and focus. Losing internet in the house wasn't that bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment